GenomSys is growing rapidly and we are always looking for great talents, please have a look below for the current profiles we’re looking for. Not exactly your profile? If you want to change the future of medicine contact us!
We are looking for a Business Developer to join our growing team. The Business Development will be a key member of the business development team working closely to progress initiatives that support GenomSys’ business strategy.
GenomSys would like to reinforce its research and innovation team through the Marie Skłodowska-Curie Individual Fellowship program (MSCA IF). Therefore, we are looking for candidates with a Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computational Biology or Bioinformatics, for a
Marie Curie Fellowship
The successful candidate will integrate the existing team of experienced software and system engineers; according to the specific profile of the selected candidate, the work will consist in developing either genome sequencing data compression/transport libraries in compliance with the MPEG-G standard (with a participation to the standard development) or end-user applications such as editing tools or access control applications for the secure manipulation of existing data. The specific topic will be determined more in depth for every candidate through the process of mentored proposal preparation.
- software design and development (C/C++, other languages for GUIs) of genome sequencing data processing applications (compression/transport/manipulation/browsing)
- integration of the implementation either in the existing GenomSys solution or in partner’s software
- preparation of technical reports and input documentation for the test team
- holding Ph.D. (or 4 years of experience in research) in computer science, bioinformatics or computational biology by September 2018 (MSCA IF requirement)
- less than 3 years of living in Switzerland in the 5 years before 12 September 2018 (MSCA IF requirement)
- very good knowledge of programming C/C++
- (optional but highly desirable) knowledge of genome sequencing data formats and/or genome sequencing data analysis applications
- very good knowledge of English (German and/or French are an asset)
We are looking for
- an enthusiastic person motivated by designing and building innovative solutions
- passionate about innovation and development of new technologies
- structured and methodical
- ability to work independently and as part of a team
- autonomous and rigorous
- excellent written and oral communication skills
- availability to travel worldwide approximately 3-4 times a year for 3 to 6 days
The selected researchers will be contacted for an MSCA IF career development and training opportunity. We will support the candidate to prepare and submit the proposal. The candidate, whose proposal will be accepted by EU, will work with the research and development team of GenomSys.
Duration 24 months
Application deadline: 1st August 2019
Proposal submission deadline: 11th September 2019
Start date: according to the evaluation and acceptance process timeline. No later than January 2020.
Workplace: EPFL Innovation Park, Lausanne, Switzerland
Contact person: Claudio Alberti, CTO, email@example.com
As part of GenomSys’ growth strategy, we are looking to hire a Business Developer to join our growing team. The Business Development will be a key member of the business development team working closely to progress initiatives that support GenomSys’ business strategy. We are looking for someone who can combine strategic thinking and sharp executions coupled with relentless ambition and energy to reach target goals. Our ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic capable of thriving in a high growth, fast paced and intellectual environment.
- Manage all phases of the business development cycle to successfully close, including opportunity development, proposal development, implementation estimating, project scoping, client presentations, negotiation and close;
- Collaborate with the Sales Engineer for the technical specification of the proposals;
- Attend conferences, meetings, and industry events;
- Assist with core business development activities, such as generating pitch decks and communicating with clients
- Seek out new market insights and business opportunities through research and analysis
- Provide competitive intelligence on competitors
- Develop and maintain relationships across professional and social networks and key connections in the life science industry
- Identify and screen potential target companies and partners in academia and industry
- Support with in-licensing, out-licensing and M&A activities
- Responsible for new client acquisition and the expansion of existing clients
- Master of Business Administration or graduate degree in life science preferred
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in a business development role preferably in life science
- 2-5 years’ experience in business development for software products
- Detailed oriented, possess quantitative and analytical skills
- Effective project and time management skills
- Ability to prioritize among competing goals to execute on tight deadlines
- Must be capable of working independently, but also an effective team player and enthusiastic collaborator in a cross-functional environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written to interact knowledgeably with and impact both internal and external parties
- Well-developed network with eHealth, mHealth, Medtech, Life Science Pharma
- Dynamic, proactive, entrepreneurial-minded expert with proven expert in customer acquisition and account management
- Fluent English and French both spoken and written
Desirable Skills And Experience
- Understanding of genomics/genetics and genome sequencing technology
- Understanding of biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry, drug discovery and development
- Experience in software development or integration.
- Fluent German both spoken and written.
- Autonomy over schedule
- Dynamic workplace at the hearth of the EPFL Innovation Park in Lausanne