Learn more about Lucas’ recap of 2022 at GenomSys and his outlook for 2023 for himself and the company through the following quick questions:

Happy New Year Lucas. Starting of easy, which fun-fact did you learn this year?

What was news to me – although I had already worked in genomics for almost a decade – was that the whole genome project back in 2004 only provided 92% of the entire sequence. But luckily, in March 2022, the remaining 8% of the DNA was decoded by scientists.

This fun fact and the full decoding now of our DNA seems to me as a new turning point for genomic testing, and I genuinely believe that over time, we’ll be able to learn even more about how our body works and with the support of the entire community in data sharing be a cornerstone in future healthcare.

What was your most outstanding achievement at GenomSys in 2022?

2022 was a good year, as we gained new customers and clients that now are using our solutions in their daily work, such as GenomSys Variant Analyzer. Aside from that, I think that developing a wholesome platform approach for genomic data analysis consisting of the GenomSys MPEG-G Toolkit and our Secondary Analysis Pipelines will be the differentiation we needed to establish GenomSys as a key player in genomics in 2023.

Personally and more marketing related, I pride myself on professionally growing in content creation, especially in terms of video production. I foresee that video content will be critical in the future of marketing and communication. The videos I put out – with all our team’s great support- helped further drive and explain the value that GenomSys can provide, including the MPEG-G genomic standard with its solutions.

What was the most important thing you learned in 2022?

Now, after two years at GenomSys, I can say that working at a start-up – with its ups and downs – is a highly fertile ground to grow professionally and personally. Every day is stepping out of your comfort zone and getting the chance to learn something new with the challenges thrown at you. But the entire team rallied up last year to achieve remarkable goals, and this team spirit is a big part of why I look forward to each and every day working with them (thanks, guys!).

So, the most important learning I had was to be even more proactive and take matters into my own hands. The result I saw in 2022 was that it does not matter who initiates something; we – as a team – follow and especially follow through to achieve our goals.

What are your expectations for you and/or GenomSys for 2023?

I expect that with the steady progress of digitization in healthcare, particularly in genomics, our platform approach – as unique as there is nothing comparable out there – will be a missing building block for those who work in genomics to accelerate personalized genomics and overall help patients in need.

If you have any further questions for Lucas or about GenomSys, please feel free to contact us.

Schedule a call

[contact-form-7 id="224" title="contact call"]